When filling out the USAAF 2021 online application, please make sure to have prepared:
SHORT EVENT DESCRIPTION
In 200 words or less, describe your proposed event including the event title, type of event, topic explored, and number of anticipated artists and audience members. As an example, “This proposal requests $(AMOUNT) to support (TITLE), a (TYPE OF EVENT i.e., performance piece, literary reading, exhibition, etc.) exploring (TOPIC) and featuring (NUMBER OF ARTISTS) artists that will attract an estimated audience of (ESTIMATED AUDIENCE NUMBER).”
In 500 words or less, please (1) describe the work that you plan to showcase, and (2) explain how this work is connected to this year’s theme – Forging Our Futures - SoMa & Chinatown – and how the subject(s) of your program(s) and/or event(s) focus on themes related to Pacific Islander and Asian American themes and culture:
- How are we fostering recovery, resilience, and regeneration in our SoMa and Chinatown communities during these difficult times?
- What does place-making and community building look like in SoMa and Chinatown’s past, present, and future? How do they intersect?
- How are we imagining and manifesting empowered futures for ourselves and our communities?
GROUP OR ARTIST BIO & RESUME/CV
Please provide relevant proof of capacity to successfully produce a well-organized and well-attended cultural event or performance similar to that which is being proposed in the form of:
- Resume/CV including an exhibitions, performances, productions, etc.
- Sizes of Audiences for various past performances
In 500 words or less, tell us about your mission, values, philosophy, modes of creation and/or collaboration, artistic inspirations, etc.
ADDITIONAL SUPPORT MATERIALS
Please provide minimum 3 additional support materials or work samples that will be useful for the selection committee to get to know your work and your ability to produce well-organized, well-attended events featuring skillful art or meaningful discussion. We will accept:
- High quality images of your work and past events. Please upload up to 3 high resolution images in .jpg or .jpeg format. The images must be at least 4”x6” or 6”x4”. You may also provide a link to your online portfolio.
- An excerpt of your script or literary excerpt. Please upload files in .doc or .pdf format that are no more than 3 pages in length.
- Links to online video clips of your work. Please provide online links to high quality videos that are 3 minutes in length or less. You may also provide video clips with notated time segments in the "Special Instructions" for the selection committee to review. For password protected videos, please provide a guest password in the "Special Instructions".
- Press coverage in the form of full articles about your work.
- Reviews and Testimonials from audience members or other credible sources.
- Please provide a budget for your event/program outlining proposed income and expenses. Feel free to use this Budget Template and Sample Budget.
- Include any additional income sources such as current and/or pending grants, fundraising campaigns, etc.