APICC is seeking a seasonal Programs & Communications Assistant. This position works in a team environment along with the Artistic Director and the Program Manager. The Programs & Communications Assistant's focus is on program coordination, marketing and communications duties as related to the annual United States of Asian America Festival and APICC programs. The Programs & Communications Assistant reports directly to the Artistic Director.
This position calls for someone who is a skilled program coordinator and communicator and doesn’t think any job is too small. The Programs & Communications Assistant disperses information effectively through social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), e-newsletters, relationship building and has experience coordinating art and cultural events and interacting with both artists and organizations. This person should be flexible and a resourceful, creative problem solver with the ability to work both collaboratively and independently while juggling multiple tasks and priorities. An ideal candidate is used to fast-paced work environments with small teams. We are seeking an individual who is motivated, positive, and detail-oriented.
Position: Programs & Communications Assistant
Classification: Part-Time Contract Position - Seasonal Ongoing
Compensation: $19/hour. Maxed at $855/month, January-June 2022
The Asian Pacific Islander Cultural Center’s mission is to support and nurture the artistic endeavors of the Asian American and Pacific Islander community in the San Francisco Bay Area. Since 1996, APICC has empowered the diverse voices of our community to share their unique experiences as Asian Pacific Islanders living in America. Through collaboration, sponsorship, productions and presentations, APICC fosters the development and growth of Bay Area, Asian American and Pacific Islander artists. Currently the AAPI community makes up 35% of San Francisco’s population. With our growing numbers, APICC renews its commitment to its vital role in the Asian Pacific Islander community.
APICC is committed to:
- Supporting and sustaining a stable Asian American and Pacific Islander arts community;
- Ensuring AAPI community has equal access to arts funding, facilities for production and programming, as well as professional development, advocacy, training, and direct support;
- Enabling our diverse, intergenerational and multigenerational AAPI community to engage in the arts as creators, performers and audience members;
- Presenting multidisciplinary and contemporary arts;
- Mentoring artists in their development to realize their full potential;
- Commissioning new works and keeping up with the field in new forms, technologies, and media.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Program Coordination (5-10 hours per week)
- Responsible for supporting the management of programs in APICC’s United States of Asian America Festival, including setup and breakdown of events and volunteer coordination
- Assist in disseminating information and reminders to festival participants
- Coordinate between staff and festival participants for workshop and technical support
Assist APICC staff with box office and sending box office reports to festival participants
Marketing & Communications (5-10 hours per week)
- Assist in outreach, marketing and press for APICC’s United States of Asian America Festival
- Acquire and organize requested marketing and press materials from artists and event producers.
- Outreach and communicate with community partners in providing promotional partnerships.
- Outreach and communicate festival announcements to City Supervisors and Arts Commissioners
- Develop and implement social media, website, and marketing calendar and content throughout the festival in collaboration with the Program Manager.
Ensures communications timelines and deadlines are met.
- Interest and experience working with and promoting events in the Asian American/ Pacific Islander arts or community is highly desired.
- Commitment to diversity and equity - ability to work with diverse populations.
- Proven ability to set priorities to manage and complete responsibilities in a timely manner, includes meeting multiple deadlines and the need to balance differing priorities.
- Expert verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with PC systems preferred and Microsoft Office software, including Word and Excel
- Experience with online productivity tools like Gmail, Google Docs, Slack, AirTable etc. preferred.
- Must be a social media maven - posts on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter daily to promote a brand, organization, or cause. Experience with social media scheduling tools like Buffer preferred.
- Experience with NationBuilder websites is a plus.
- Knowledge of graphic design software is a plus.
- Flexibility in schedule as required, especially during festival presentations from May through June - including weekends/evenings.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs without assistance.
- Experience with marketing and promotions for multiple event festivals, showcases, or conferences strongly preferred.
Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Include the position title “Programs & Communications Assistant” in the Subject Line.
APICC is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information. People of Asian or Asian American and Pacific Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply. Position open until full.